Why My Period Blood Smells Sweet - Do You Knows the Causes

February 14, 2018

Women can suffer changes in the appearance and smell of vaginal discharge throughout their lives, both before the onset of menstruation, during the fertility period and after menopause. When there are changes in this, either by color, texture or smell, it is easy to be alarmed and, although it is not always a sign that something is going wrong in health. It is necessary to visit a gynecologist to make a revision and prescribe treatment if necessary.

For example, a more common change than it may seem at first is the appearance of fruity or sweet odor in the flow.


Causes of sweet smell in the vaginal discharge

Although the sweet or fruity smell of the vaginal discharge may not be unpleasant for many women. It may indicate a change in the body to which attention must be paid, especially if the odor is strong. Whenever you detect a change in the smell of your vaginal discharge it is necessary that you observe. If you have other symptoms and that you go for a revision with the gynecologist.

Among the main causes of the sweet smell of vaginal discharge include the following:

1. Feeding.
2. Diabetes
3. A fungal or fungal vaginal infection.
4. A bacterial vaginal infection.
5. A urinary infection

Next, we explain each of these causes that cause this odor in the vaginal secretions and that the gynecologist will know how to diagnose and offer treatment in case it is necessary.

Sweet smell of Vaginal Discharge from Eating and Diabetes

The vaginal discharge fruity smell may occur because power increasing blood glucose. The excess of sugars can modify the odor of the flow. Some women use to improve it since it is more pleasant. However, we must be careful because an excess of sugars can become a health problem.
taken too high in sugars and carbohydrates, thereby 

Not only foods that have added sugars are those that produce this problem. There are many others that naturally contain high levels, such as fruits. Therefore, it is convenient to visit a nutritionist to help us regulate our diet according to the needs of our body.

In addition, this high level of blood glucose may not be due to what is eaten, but rather to diabetes. So, if you are diabetic and this smell appears in your intimate area you may be in a moment of hyperglycemia and you should check your levels to see if you need insulin and apply it if necessary. If until now you have not been diagnosed with this problem and your diet is not excessive in sugars and carbohydrates. The doctor can tell you after a review if your odor is due to this and you have diabetes or you should modify your diet, or if it is due to other causes, such as the following.



Vaginal Fungi

Fungal infections in the vaginal area are usually caused by the fungus Candida. Candidiasis is detected by symptoms such as pain and stinging in the area, especially when having sex, and by a change in secretion, as it becomes an abundant, thick and white flow.

Regarding the odor in vaginal yeast infections, there may be a variety of this. There is candidiasis that appears without a bad smell, others that produce a somewhat sweet smell and others that can cause a strong and unpleasant smell, although usually, no odor appears. This difference depends on several factors, such as the general health status of the affected woman, if there is also bacterial infection, how long it takes to have candidiasis, and so on.

Thus, if you detect a fruity smell and you present other symptoms such as the different color and texture in the secretion. You may have vaginal fungi, but if you do not present more symptoms it is more likely that the smell is due to another cause.

Urine infection and bacterial vaginal infection


Finally, the fruity smell in the vaginal discharge could also be due to a urinary infection or even a bacterial vaginal infection. There are bacteria that produce an odor, and even a flavor, sweet and, therefore, this is one of the easiest ways to detect urine and vaginal infections caused by bacteria.

If your vaginal discharge has started to smell sweet, you may have a vaginal infection due to bacteria or a urinary infection. Although the bacteria are in the urinary tract, the odor can easily be transferred to the secretions when urinating.

You can look at the symptoms of the infection of urine. As well as those of vaginal infection or bacterial vaginosis, but only a doctor can diagnose the problem and offer the best treatment in each case. Some of these symptoms are a pain, stinging in urine, cloudy and dark urine, desire to urinate constant and fever.






Flow of Sweet Smell and Pregnancy


There is a popular belief that the fact that a woman's flow has a fruity smell indicates that she has become pregnant, using this reference to detect a pregnancy even before the month. However, there is no scientific evidence that this is the case.

Therefore, in fact, the fact that this smell appears is not an indication of pregnancy. As this sign cannot substitute a pregnancy test or test. It is best to take the tests at home and have a gynecologist confirm or deny the pregnancy with blood tests and other tests.Other smells of vaginal discharge that you should not ignore.

There are a variety of possible odors that vaginal discharge can present when affected. But it should be borne in mind that the normal odor of the flow is not unpleasant or strong. Thus, if you detect any of the following smells, it is advisable not to ignore it and visit the doctor or gynecologist for a review.


Flow with the smell of onion


This unpleasant aroma is due to certain foods as well as sweat. There are foods like the onion and garlic that can cause this problem. Also, sweating a lot in the genital area will favor the appearance of this aroma. In such a case, it is advisable to wash the intimate area well, consume less food like these and wear cotton underwear, to sweat less.

Flow with fishy smell


The smell of fish or putrefaction in the flow indicates the presence of an infection, either by bacteria or by fungi. It is also possible that it is due to the frequent use of tampons since they facilitate infections. Also, strong odors like this can indicate an STD, specifically trichomoniasis, which is caused by a protozoan parasite that is transmitted during relationships.

Flow of Metallic Odor


This type of odor in the vagina can occur the days after the period, as well as after having sex and having been in contact with both pre-seminal fluid and sperm. This is due to a change in the pH of the woman's secretions, usually becoming more acidic. With good hygiene, the smell will go away and if it does not disappear in a few days it is necessary to go to the gynecologist.

Flow of Ammonia odor


This other type of strong odor also occurs when there is bacterial vaginosis, but also due to excessive sweating, to use bleach or chlorine to wash intimate clothes frequently, on entering menopause and to a diet with foods such as asparagus, spicy, seafood, liver, onion, and garlic.





This article is Purely informative. We do not have the faculty to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Why My Period Blood Smells Sweet - Do You Knows the Causes we recommend you to enter our category of  Health.



You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I am one of those people who said, “I’ll never call a psychic or a magician or whatever” to help me with my problems – least of all my love problems, but I reached the point where I knew I needed some guidance, and I’m so glad I found this man called dr.ajeghe. When I nearly lost David in one of our stupid,fights (he broke up with me), I thought I had lost everything.i cry all day and think that he will never come back to me again.i read so many testimony about Dr. ajeghe love spell,how he help to bring back ex lover back.I quickly email him.and also get back my husband with his love spell. And when I was at my most desperate,he didn’t take advantage of me. You performed a very good service for a person in true need. I don’t know how you did it, or how this magic works, but all I know is, IT WORKS!! David my husband and I are happily back together, and I’ll always be grateful to dr.ajeghe email him for any kinds of help is very capable and reliable for help ajeghespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2349069171173

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr Emmanuel cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr Emmanuel the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348140073965 or email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr JOE that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : nativehealthclinic@gmail.com. or WHATSAPP +2348140073965 GOD BLESS YOU ALL?

      Delete
  2. I am very happy for posting on this blog on how a great spell caster helped me to bring back the love of my life. I know there are lots of women like me out there who has done so much to have back their Husband, I am here to tell you the answer is right here. I sincerely believe if there are up to five spell casters like Dr. isong this world would be a better place, I have seen people complaining on how fake spell castes promised to help them but couldn't. with Dr isong I tell you your problem is already solved because i experienced alot when my Husband and I had been apart for 4years and I couldn't bear living without him, I have tried everything to have him back but nothing was working until I saw numerous testimonies about a spell caster call Dr isong on how great his work is. I contacted him immediately and follow the step that he ask and in the next 48 hours my husband called me and was eager for my forgiveness and that he wished nothing more than to have me in his arms forever. I filled so much joy and happiness that I found Dr isong. I hope you all here will find this testimony of mine and get your husband back in just 48 hours isong contact is drisongspellhome@gmail.com you can also call or whatsapp him on +2347063612587.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr Emmanuel cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr Emmanuel the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348140073965 or email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr JOE that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : nativehealthclinic@gmail.com. or WHATSAPP +2348140073965 GOD BLESS YOU ALL?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol komen semua macam sial. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Look For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguspellcaster@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Look For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguspellcaster@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very much delighted to every viewers that is reading this,i want to inform the public of how i got cured from Diabetes. My name is Pester Roland and i was diagnosed of Diabetes since 3 years ago, this disease started circulating all over my body, and i have also taken treatment from my doctor,few weeks back i came on the internet to see if i will be able to get any information as to curing this disease, on my search i saw various testimony of Dave Desmond who was healed from HIV and Juliet who also healed from Hepatitis B by the good doctor, called DR Oduku. Who live in South Africa, without any hesitation, i contacted his email: odukuherbalremediess@gmail.com and i wrote him and he guided me,i asked him for solutions and he sent me the remedies and i started using the medicine, after a period of days given to my by doctor oduku, i was completely cured when i got tested in hospital and nothing was found on my body. So dear viewer why wasting your time living with this STD infection? you can contact him now he is able to cure any kinds of disease, Hepatitis B ALS, MND, Epilepsy, Leukemia, Asthma, Cancer, HIV, Herpes etc, and others, contact his Email: odukuherbalremediess@gmail.com Call or Whats App +2347067706774.

    ReplyDelete

  8. All thanks to the great doctor that help me to get back my boyfriend I thank you so much because you man of your words than anything he said will be done is a very good man I want to use opportunity thank Dr Ben and God shall bless him for getting my boyfriend back he is back to me now I didn't believe this at first until I put effort now my boyfriend is back I thank Dr Ben for the great work He has done for me I want him to keep doing this for other people are so that you can do it for me to thank you Dr Ben. And you can contact him at email DrBenspellcaster@gmail.com or whatsapp number +2348151642717. Now I believe you are the great spell caster Dr Ben.

    ReplyDelete